tips for planning your wedding (from someone who just
Related Story: To
heck with the weather, there's a wedding to plan at
the bridal faire
By Michelle Butler
1. Pick two details that are the
most important, such as the pictures or your dress,
and get them perfect. Other details, such as invitations
and flowers, spend less time and money on.
2. Get your groom involved by having
him help pick out music for the reception or taste samples
for the wedding cake.
3. Enjoy your big day. Delegate to
family and friends to take over tasks and just relax.
4. Practice with your hair and makeup
several days before and make sure you like how everything
looks from the shoes to your jewelry.
5. Be careful in allowing family
or close friends do important things such as make your
cake or take pictures. It's harder to tell a close friend
that you don't like what they are doing.
6. If it's not a big deal, take your
wedding pictures (with just you and your groom) a few
days before. This ensures you get good pictures and
takes some pressure off of the big day.
7. While planning your wedding, allow
one day a week for just you and your fiancÚ where you
don't talk at all about the wedding and just enjoy being
8. Don't be afraid to do some nontraditional
things if they fit your personality. Remember, it's
9. Instead of looking on the Internet
for pictures of say a cake or flowers, visit the local
bakery or florist first and see what they can do. It's
really hard to find someone who can duplicate what you
10. Remember, this is your day. Plan
it, and then just enjoy it. If things aren't perfect,
you'll love the story in the years to come!