It may be only one room, but
this museum contains Millville's history
November 14, 2008 | MILLVILLE -- Located at 490 E.
300 South is the city office, and connected to that
building is a little piece of Millville history. In
that little room that connects with the city offices
is the Millville Museum. Thanks to the hard work of
many people, but especially Clyde and Norma Linder for
putting the museum together.
The museum contains many old antiques that show the
way life was in the early 1900s. It contains such items
as parts of the old post office from Millville and items
from an old co-op store. There are displays portraying
what school was like back then and what houses would
have mainly looked like in the olden days. There is
a different display for each room in the house and showing
what a typical room may have looked like. Included in
some of the items on display are a nightstand and wash
bench donated by Delone H. West that were made by Wilford
Woodruff, president of the Church of Jesus Christ of
Latter-day Saints from 1889-1898.
Other items of interest include old photographs of
early residents of Millville. Also on display is an
old Cache Valley Centennial Edition of the Herald Journal
dated March 25, 1956. The article was inviting people
to get to know Millville and stated in the article was
the fact that at that time there were about 60 people
who lived in Millville. It wouldn't be a museum about
Millville without some old farming equipment.
Millville was established in 1860, so there is a lot
of history in that little old town and there is no better
way to see it then at the Millville Museum. Most of
the items on display were donated by residents of Millville.